Arcadian Atlas Press Kit
Developer: Twin Otter Studios
(based out of Austin, TX)
Release Date: TBD
Platforms: PC, Mac & Linux
Press Contact: email@example.com
Press Kit (Full Download): Dropbox Download
Social: IndieDB | Facebook | Twitter | TIGSource | Steam Concepts | Tumblr
Arcadian Atlas is a 2D isometric tactical RPG about the choices people make in pursuit of the things they love, and the havoc it wreaks on a kingdom.
Watch your footing and mind the strategic vantage points as you traverse the richly detailed pixel art world of Arcadia -- A single misstep on the battlefield could cost you a friend’s life. Let the moody jazz soundtrack carry you through a thought provoking & ruthless story of love, deceit, murder, companionship and war. Meant to be a fresh take on the classic strategy RPG style, Arcadian Atlas was designed from the ground up to incorporate more challenging battle strategies, new & balanced job classes, and more cutthroat plot twists that'll leave these complex characters' lives hanging in the balance.
Featuring innovative job classes, a rich character driven narrative, strategic grid-based battles and a jazz infused soundtrack, Arcadian Atlas is a lushly handcrafted 2D isometric tactical RPG that takes the rich history of the genre and makes it fresh.
Twin Otter Studios is an independent game developer started in 2015 by siblings Taylor & Becca Bair. After ranking in various game jams, creating their 5 hour indie RPG "Genesis" together & working professionally in the gaming industry as a writer & freelance artist (respectively), the brother/sister duo decided to make their work official with an LLC & logo.
Our goal is to craft lovingly handmade games with a fusion of modern elements & classic aesthetics that we ourselves would want to play. We have brought together some of the freshest & most innovative talent in the industry to bring you unforgettable gaming experiences.
- Hand-painted character art & a pixel perfect world designed by artist Becca Bair (Vidar, Dreamblazers). A labor of love!
- Turn based battle system provides limitless strategy & challenges.
- Epic storyline and 3-dimensional characters fleshed out by writer Taylor Bair (Business of Indie, Planet Destiny) will leave you intrigued & attached.
- Grid-based tactics play style hits all the right nostalgia chords
- Retro-style sound effects & modern, chilled out jazz tunes by Moritz P.G. Katz (Fort Meow, German Wahnsinn) bridge the gap between yesterday & today.
- Never-before-seen job classes with zero filler skills will keep you chasing that AP.
- Marries tried & tested classic tactical RPG gameplay with new job class customizations & unique crafting mechanics that help evolve the genre.
(everything is early alpha content and is subject to change. Especially UI & battle elements.)
Screenshots, Gifs & Mockups :
Key Art / Illustrations :
Becca Bair - Art, Design
Taylor Bair - Design, Writing
Patrick Brand - Programming